Thursday, March 8, 2012

Welcome, Coach Corey Miles

As anyone who participates in sports knows, conditioning can make you, or break you.  Over the years, I have watched sports become more competitive and increase in physical contact.  In order to continue competing at a top level, players need to be in the best possible shape, which means...they need to be conditioned.  So, with that being said, let me introduce to you Corey Miles who will be managing our Crusaders girl's conditioning regimen.


As some of you have already learned, I am Coach Miles, I have been brought in to help with the conditioning aspect for the team. I look forward to getting to know each of you on a personal level in the future and I am open to any suggestions to help improve any of my coaching that you see fit. A little about me, I was a Varsity Track Runner 4 years at THS, played football at George Mason University, and coached Football at Tri-Cities Christian Schools. I am a personal trainer to several athletes and undergo MMA training myself to stay in shape. I was a walk-on basketball player at King College, before having to leave early on due to a knee injury that later lead to surgery. Physical Fitness, Discipline and Respect are virtues I was raised on and I hold them dearly. I will be sure that I will be instilling these into each of the Crusaders Basketball Players. I believe that it is through this, that we gain discipline to become a better person outside of the court. Conditioning in Physical Fitness is a cornerstone to the foundation of not only maintaining a healthy life, but gaining discipline. I have adhered to this since I was younger and continue to hold this virtue close. I am a firm believer in the fact that if you wish to be the best in anything, you must practice as the best. These young ladies will work extremely hard and their limits will be broken and go further because of the training. I will never ask anyone to do something that I myself am not able to do, nor shall I coddle anyone. I adapted my methods from my coach in the past, Johnny Bomar Head Track Coach at South Carolina State was a huge inspiration in my life. His methods were hard and I disliked him a lot, but it was because of him that I became a better athlete and better person. I will be using the same methods implemented by my former coach in our own practices. I have strong faith after what I have seen in the first practice that their is a strong desire to succeed and to be the best, as none of the girls gave up and quit, instead they had a solid practice and were ready for the next round of conditioning. I look forward to the rest of the season as a member of the coaching staff and being an influence on these girls lives to make them not only better players, but respectful young ladies.




Before any conditioning program, the girls are sure to warm-up with body stretches.



In any conditioning program, you can expect to be doing A LOT of running...










push-ups...






and more push-ups ☺









sit-ups...













and more sit-ups ☺











of course, we can't leave out 'jumping'...













and whatever else Coach Corey decides they need for that particular day.

The girls get a quick 'breather' before starting their 2 hour basketball practice after an hour of conditioning.






It is nice to have the girls back at practice; the excitement in the gym; the anticipation of future competition.  All the hard work pays off in the end!



You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are–Max Lucado

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-for-encouragement-20-great-scripture-quotes/#ixzz1oLP6OeEv

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Family Sports Site. Please, no spam :)

Followers

Photobucket